- monthly subscription or
- one time payment
- cancelable any time
"Tell the chef, the beer is on me."
· We’re closer to having successful vaccines for lung and brain cancer.
· New chemotherapy breakthroughs have increased the 5-year survival for pancreatic cancer from 16% to 27% (and is getting better)
· Scientists figured out how to link robotic limbs with the part of the brain that deals with intent to move so people don’t have to think about how they will move the limb, it can just happen.
· Child mortality is down everywhere and it keeps going down.
· Thanks to the ice bucket challenge the gene responsible for ALS has been found, meaning we are closer to an effective treatment. Let me rephrase that: we are close to getting a treatment for a very bad disease because a lot of people (including really hot celebrities) got wet.
· A solar powered plan circumnavigated the world.
· Michael Jordan donates 2mil to try and help bridge connection between police and the community.
· Tiger numbers are growing.
· And manatees.
· And pandas.
· Pakistan has made strides toward outlawing honor killings.
· 70,000 Muslim clerics declared a fatwa against ISIS.
· Pokemon Go players went insane with placing lure modules near hospitals for sick kids.
· California is now powering over 6 million homes with solar power, a record in the US (and that is the tightest shit)
· Volunteers in India planted 50 million trees in 24 hours.
· Apparently world crime as a whole has drastically declined as a whole in the last couple of decades.
· Coffee consumption has been proved to help curtail cancer and suicide rates.
· Speaking of coffee Starbucks figured out how to donate perishable food in a food safe way.
· 500 elephants were relocated to a better, safer and bigger home.
· We made massive strides in Alzheimers’ prevention (my grandmother literally told me that scares her more than getting cancer this is very good news)
· The ozone layer is repairing itself and all the work we did to get rid of those aerosol chemicals was actually worth it.
· A new therapy developed in Israel could cure radiation sickness.
· The Anglican church resolved to solemnize same-sex unions the same as opposite-sex unions which required a super majority of all three orders of the church (lay, clergy, bishop).
· The Rabbinical Assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of transgender and non-conforming individuals.
· Precision treatments for cancer are hitting clinical trials and WORKING (as someone who’s had relatives with cancer this is the best news)
· Dentists are once again providing free care to veterans who need it.
· The Orlando Shakespeare Festival showed up with angel wings to block funeral-goers for the Orlando Pulse victims, view from anti-gay protesters
· We may have cured MS
· Rise Women’s Legal Centre opened
· Death by heart disease has decreased by 70% in the United States
· Two brothers saw color for the first time thanks to specially-designed glasses
· Pope Francis spoke against society’s obsession with physical beauty while dedicating Mass to the disabled community (love that dude)
· Portugal ran its entire nation solely on renewable energy for four days straight
· A retiree is launching a project to transport 80 endangered rhinos to an Australian reservation to save the animals from poaching
· An Afghan teacher has been delivering books via bicycle to villages that lack schools
· Harriet Tubman is going to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.
· 200 strangers attended the funeral of a homeless WW2 veteran with no family
· A teen battling cancer married his sweetheart
· Bank firm pays for college tuition for the children of employees who died in the 9/11 attacks
· New medicine has been shown to increase melanoma survival rate to 40%
· Over 800 Boko Harem Hostages were rescued by Nigerian Army
· Toys R Us is Offering Quiet Shopping Hour for kids with autism this holiday season
· Volunteers made special tiny Halloween costumes for NICU babies
· A 4-year old befriends a lonely man and helped him heal after losing his wife
· Families grew
· People survived c ancer
· People overcame depression
· Any kind of victory, even if it affects only one person, is a victory
· Now for the pop culture good news
· LEONARDO DICAPRIO WON AN OSCAR! EVERYONE READING THIS LIVED LONG ENOUGH TO SEE LEO FINALLY GET WHAT HE DESERVED
· There’s a new Harry Potter book
· And a movie
· Harry Potter has no plans on vanishing with time
· This sweet father gave candy to passengers on a flight so his little girl could trick or treat on Halloween
· LET ME TALK ABOUT ALL THE KICK ASS MOVIES WE GOT THIS YEAR OH MY GOD
· Kung Fu Panda 3, this franchise is still going strong despite that its about a panda played by Jack Black
· Jungle Book. The amazing remake none of us saw coming
· Finding Dory. I haven’t seen it yet but I’ve heard good things
· Kubo and the Two Strings. Haven’t seen that yet as well but its Laika so I know it’s a masterpiece
· Deadpool. The beautiful and super accurate R-rated marvel film
· Captain America: Civil War. Seriously is the best marvel movie yet in my opinion I need more.
· Zootopia. Oh don’t mind me I’m just a movie that tackled the issue of racism and not only game changed animated films but also made a billion dollars
· The Hamilton Mixtape is coming out. Which is a bunch of artists singing songs from the musical (Sia, Usher, Regina Spketor, etc.) I’m excited.
· A personal victory for myself, I joined Tumblr and met angels in blog form so…that’s uplifting.
· And I met my favorite voice actor at a con which was a bucket list accomplishment.
Good Things that have yet to happen this year
· Doctor Strange
· Black Friday
Good things that have nothing to do with the year but will hopefully make you feel better
· Rain (I like listening to rain it’s one of the most calming sounds)
· FF: If you are a religious person you are an imperfect masterpiece
· FF: If you are not then you are a splendid coincidence
· Any year spent with loved ones be they family or friends is a good year. Trust me.
· ”A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have” –Roger Rabbit
*Plz feel free to add other good news (even if it’s something small like you ate cheesecake THAT is good news)
This is a gorgeous post, everyone should reblog it to see the balancing side to the whole bad things happening in the world!
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the Fuller Projection?
This map presents a world that is nearly contiguous and at accurate sizes and shapes to the continents.
And there is no “correct” orientation for it (the directionality of north/south being arbitrary after all )
The downsides are that it cuts up Antarctica and distorts the size of oceans, which is bad news for sailors and penguin researchers, but for geography in general it’s AWESOME(X)
"Tell the chef, the beer is on me."
"Basically the price of a night on the town!"
"I'd love to help kickstart continued development! And 0 EUR/month really does make fiscal sense too... maybe I'll even get a shirt?" (there will be limited edition shirts for two and other goodies for each supporter as soon as we sold the 200)